The public might finally learn why a pedophile named Randall P. Volar III was released after Kenosha Police found a mountain of evidence in his home that would put him in prison for life.
Chrystul Kizer, now an adult, made a brief appearance Thursday afternoon in Kenosha County Circuit Court. Kizer is facing charges of 1st degree intentional homicide with a dangerous weapon, theft of a vehicle, arson, bail-jumping and possession of a firearm by a felon.
Kizer is accused by police and prosecutors of murdering Volar, a man that paid her for sex regularly when she was a child. They say she shot him in the head, killing him, burned down his home, and stole his BMW. Police found evidence that Kizer bragged about the murder on social media.
15 Year Old Girl Calls 9-1-1
On February 12, 2018, a 15-year-old girl, KW, called 9-1-1 just after midnight. She told dispatchers that she was given drugs by a man who was trying to kill her. Police noted that the young girl was acting like she was indeed under the influence of one or more drugs. KW was wearing an unzipped coat and a blue bra with no shirt. She told the two KPD officers that Volar gave her marijuana and alcohol but today, he gave her LSD. She was having a bad trip and called 9-1-1 inside the home. After learning that she called the police, she said he stated he was going to grab a gun. KW ran outside and down the road where police picked her up. Later, at the police department, she told police a lot about Volar. She spent a lot of time at his house because she knew “she was wanted” there. Volar had an affinity for younger girls, which she thought was “weird”. He met girls on “tagged” and “backpage”. She said Volar had numerous videos in his home of him having sex with children. KW had a juvenile warrant out of Milwaukee, which she was arrested for.
Detective’s Interview of KW at Milwaukee County Detention Center
On February 21, 2018, KPD Detective May was assigned to investigate this case as there were allegations of child sexual abuse and child pornography. He drove to Milwaukee to interview KW again. This time, she gave police large amount of information about Volar. KW met Volar at Juneteenth Festival in Milwaukee when she was 14 years-old. Randy paid her $250 for a night of sex. KW described numerous occasions when she was paid to have sex with Volar. KW and Volar talked about her young age. He knew she was 14 and she told him to find girls “his own age.” He told her that he liked to have sex with younger girls because their p***** (female genitals) were nice and tight” and that “older girls’ p****** (female genitals) were worn out and too loose.” KW said that every time they had sex, Volar filmed it on his cell phone. He would later show these videos to her along with videos of him having sex with other underage girls. KW told the detective that Volar had a sizeable amount of money, $200,000 in the bank that he earned from trading Bitcoin. KW said that Volar even took her to meet his mother at dinner when she was 14 or 15. At that time, KW told Detective May that Volar was having a sexual relationship with a 17 year-old girl assumed to be Chrystul Kizer. The detective then asked KW to give him details about the inside of Volar’s residence in Kenosha, which she did in great detail.
Search Warrant Executed at 7732 14th Ave
The next day, armed with all of this new information, Kenosha Police detectives asked the court for a search warrant of Volar’s home and vehicle. It was signed that same day. About seven KPD officers drove to Volar’s residence for a knock and announce search warrant. Police knocked and announced, but Volar didn’t come to the door. The door was breached with a ram. Volar was inside and taken into custody. During the search that lasted more than an hour, Volar was very vocal and concerned about getting the password for access to his massive amount of bitcoin. Volar agreed and then changed his mind to speak with police a few times.
Kenosha District Attorney Refused To Charge Volar
KPD recovered dozens of hard drives, thumb drives, SD cards and DVD’s, containing dozens and dozens of videos and photos containing child pornography, many of them home-made by the defendant participating in the sex. 16 of these pornographic videos were already in the NCMEC (National Center For Missing and Exploited Children) database and identified as confirmed child pornography videos. Six of the videos had identified victims. There were hundreds of videos containing child pornography found in Volar’s home. They also found needles and drugs. KPD Detective May released Volar on a Summons and Complaint. It is unknown if he had contact with the DA’s office in February of 2018. KPD later stated their case to charge him with five felony sex crimes. With a treasure trove of evidence Michael Graveley’s office never charged Volar with any crime.
According to the Kenosha news:
Graveley said that prosecutor “followed up with the police department, saying the case was not yet ready for charging” and gave police a request for additional information.
“The follow-up arrived on our office on June 5” — the same day Volar’s body was discovered.
“I suspect that Volar would have been charged that day or the day after,” Graveley said.
The Evidence (Graphic Content)
- Video of Volar and unknown black female who appears to be mid-teens wearing a pink bra and panties, they get naked and have oral and vaginal sex in Volar’s home.
- Video shows Volar video taping himself while holding his phone in what appears to be his bedroom while a female black girl who appears to be 12-14 old gave him oral sex.
- Second video of same girl from #2 on bed having vaginal sex and her giving him oral sex.
- Third video of the same girl giving him oral sex and vaginal sex
- Fourth video of the same girl having sex “doggy style” and he commented that she was on her period as he had blood on his penis.
- Video of Volar and KW (14 or 15-years-old) having oral sex, there is a “fruit roll-up” around his penis.
- Second video of Volar and KW having oral sex.
- Video of female black in her mid teens having vaginal sex and oral sex with Volar.
- Video of another female black in her mid teens with pink hair having vaginal and oral sex with Volar.
- Video of another female black, this one in her early teens, having oral and vaginal sex with Volar. Volar comments in the video about how “fresh” and “tight” her vagina is.
- Video of female black referred to as “Chrystul” (possibly Kizer) giving Volar oral sex.
- Video of female black 13 or 14 giving Volar oral sex.
- Various DVD’s with 16 child pornography videos.
- 128 GB USB drive with numerous home videos of Volar having sex with teenage girls, most 14-17 years old.
- Western Digital hard drive with hundreds of videos of child pornography involving girls that appear to be between 12 and 16. The description of these videos is too graphic to post here.
Kizer’s defense team wants to use an affirmative defense that she killed Volar because he was trafficking her for sex. Judge Wilk initially denied the use of this defense. The Defense appealed and the court of appeals sided with Kizer. Graveley appealed and the Supreme Court sided with Kizer. The Supreme Court ruled that Kizer must show that the murder was a “direct result” of her trafficking and so long as there is a “logical, causal connection between the offense and the trafficking such that the offense is not the result, in significant part, of other events, circumstances, or considerations apart from the trafficking violation. The court further ruled that Ms. Kizer must put forth “some evidence” to support the application of the rule, and if she does so, the State would need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defense would not apply. In order to support this theory, the defense wants the court’s permission for the following evidence to be heard at trial.
- Any videos, photos, or other accounts of Mr. Volar sexually assaulting Ms. Kizer
- The contents of Mr. Volar’s computer, containing, but not limited to the following evidence.
Videos of Mr. Volar engaging in sexual acts with other underage girls.
Photos and videos of underage girls and young women in various stages of undress.
Notes and other documents containing Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency keys, often used to facilitate child and adult sex trafficking
Any other evidence on Mr. Volar’s computer relevant to Mr. Volar’s trafficking of Ms. Kizer
Any other evidence on Mr. Volar’s computer relevant to Mr. Volar’s trafficking of other underage girls
- Testimony surrounding the arrest and release of Mr. Volar by the Kenosha Police Department prior to his death. Mr. Volar was arrested after K.W. was found fleeing his residence. Mr. Volar’s computer was seized, he was arrested for Posession of Child Pornograohy, but ultimately released without a charge.
- Evidence that Mr. Volar’s back account at TCF Bank was closed due to suspiciouns of trafficking.
- Evidence that Mr. Volar’s Coinbase cryptocurrency account was suspended due to suspicions of trafficking.
- Any other evidence not listed that corroborates that Mr. Volar trafficked Ms. Kizer, or trafficked other women.
Motion To Suppress Evidence
Kizer’s attorneys want Kizer’s statements made to detectives to be suppressed -specifically, her interrogation on October 26, 2018 while in custody and without her attorney. The defense argues that even though she asked to speak with detectives, the police were required to re-mirandize her.
Kizer had spoken to detectives a few times before this date in detail, but at the time of this interview, she had been represented by an attorney for five months.
The defense and prosecutors today jointly agreed to let the judge watch the one hour and 45 minute-long interrogation before the motions are decided.
Kizer is due back in court on June 15, 2023 at 1:50 pm and the judge will hear both motions.